Please review Learn about BubCap home button covers before ordering. We also encourage you to watch our installation and removal videos at the bottom of the page. Please contact us with questions before or after your purchase.
BubCaps are not compatible with the iPhone 7 or later, or devices with the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor (on the home button of current iPhones and iPads). When a BubCap is installed, you can't unlock your device with your fingerprint.
1) Clean the screen of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, particularly around the home button (only apply BubCaps over screen protector films at your own risk).
2) Remove the backing from the BubCap.
3) Adhere the BubCap directly over the home button. If the BubCap isn’t positioned correctly, remove it and try again.
4) Once correctly positioned, press firmly on the left and right side of the BubCap for at least 30 seconds.
5) Wait at least 15 minutes before use, or longer if you believe there will be vigorous attempts to remove the BubCap. The adhesive bond will continue to strengthen for at least 24 hours after application (or reapplication).
BubCaps are intended to be difficult to remove to ensure your child’s safety. Patience and decent fingernails are all that are necessary. If you have freshly cut or short nails, ask for help from someone with nails.
Begin digging your fingernail under the edge of the BubCap. It may seem difficult, the key is slow steady pressure with your fingernail. Slowly, your nail will begin to edge its way under the BubCap. Continue applying pressure until you have dug enough of your fingernail under the BubCap that you can start to peel it off. In the rare event any adhesive residue is left, simply wipe it off with your standard cleaning cloth. You can also use a sharp instrument to remove BubCap, but you do so at your own risk. Please be careful you don’t cut yourself or scratch the screen.
BubCap Pro is more difficult to remove; please refer to documentation accompanying your BubCap Pro, and review this short demonstration video showing removal.
Reapplying a BubCap
If you decide to use and reuse a BubCap, please follow all installation steps. Be sure the adhesive bond is firm, and there are no lifted edges, so that a child can't pull it off. If the BubCap is bent, you can often bend it back the other way to straighten it out. If the adhesive side of a BubCap gets dirty, it won't adhere as well, and should be discarded so it won't come off or be a potential choking hazard.
1) Always supervise young children who are using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
2) Use special care; children can choke on small items.
3) Be careful, many young children like to put everything in their mouths, and saliva can destroy electronic devices such as the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
4) Make sure your device has an adequate case to deal with whatever punishment you think your toddler will deliver.
5) If BubCap use causes pain in hand, wrist, fingers or thumb, remove BubCap and discontinue use.
An adult user shall determine the suitability of BubCaps for his or her intended use and shall assume all risk and liability in connection therewith. Paperclip Robot is not responsible in any way for any and all bodily injury and/or property damage that may occur from use.